All ESG locations are operating today.
To help our communities that were negatively affected by Sunday’s devastating storms, the “ESG Cares” team has compiled the following volunteering or donation options:
- To sign up for manual labor shifts or to volunteer at one of the facilities through United Way (must be 16 and older)
- To volunteer as an individual or a group through The Salvation Army
- If you can help, have a truck, generator, chainsaw, yard tools, and an attitude that says ‘Here I am, send me!’, and want to volunteer through Silverdale Baptist Church (Bonny Oaks location serving as local command center), send an email with your name, contact number, and gear email@example.com
Donation Options and Needs
The following items are being accepted for donation at the Hamilton Family YMCA from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
(NOTE: Used items such as used clothes, used toys and used books will not be accepted for donation)
- Bottled water
- Toilet paper
- Contractor trash bags
- Baby items such as diapers, wipes, formula, etc.
- Unused packing boxes and materials
- Personal hygiene items such as soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminie products, etc.
- Other personal items
- Work Gloves
- Paper Towels
- Non-perishable food items
- Cleaning supplies
- Plastic Storage Containers
The following items are being accepted for donation at Hixson Middle School Friday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts (CSLA) Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Bottled Gatorade/Powerade
- Garbage Bags
- Work Gloves
- Pre-Packaged Snacks
- Bottled Water
- Female Sanitary Items
- Storage Bins (New)
- Restaurant, home improvement store, grocery gift cards
- Baby Wipes
- First Aid kits
Donations of grocery gift cards can be dropped off at Silverdale Baptist Church Bonny Oaks Campus (Door #1 – West Atrium) between 9 am and 5 pm on April 17.
To donate money:
This above lists were compiled from an article in The Chattanooga Times Free Press and a newsletter from Silverdale Baptist Church.
The “ESG Cares” team will be taking donations of the items listed above as well. The team is working on acquiring donation boxes for our plants in Ft. Payne and Vernon. A Remind notice will be sent as soon as the boxes are set up. The notice will also be on the TV’s throughout the plants.
If you would like to purchase something on the above lists to donate but do not have access to the plants, feel free to send to:
Environmental Solutions Group
ATTN: Linda Parks
2030 Hamilton Place Blvd. Suite 200
Chattanooga, TN 37408
We will make sure all donations are sent to appropriate locations.
For any questions, reach out to ESGHelpline@doveresg.com.