All ESG locations are operating today.
Several states, cities, and counties have already lifted or are lifting “stay at home” and “shelter in place” orders this week. While ESG COVID-19 operating protocols are not currently changing, it is important to remind our team members to protect their health outside of work even with reduced external restrictions. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) issued the following guidance https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/essential-goods-services.html:
- Order online or use curbside pick-up for groceries and/or restaurant meals (only visiting a store or restaurant in-person when there is no other option).
- Limit in-person contact (pay online or over the phone).
- Accept deliveries without in-person contact (have the person leave the groceries on the front porch).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol after accepting deliveries.
- Protect yourself when going into a store.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others while shopping and in lines.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering.
- Go during hours when fewer people will be there (for example, early morning or late night).
- Disinfect the shopping cart, using disinfecting wipes if available.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Use touchless payment if possible (pay without touching money, a card, or a keypad).
- Use hand sanitizer right after paying.
- Sanitize when banking and getting gasoline.
- Bank online whenever possible, but if you must go in-person, use the drive-through ATM if one is available.
- Use gloves or disinfecting wipes on handles or buttons before you touch them.
- After banking or fueling, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you arrive home.
- Stay home if you are sick.
I also know many of you are really looking forward to getting out to open parks and recreational areas for boating, hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
- Visit open parks and recreational facilities while observing proper protocols.
- Visit parks close to your home – going farther away may require you to stop somewhere on the way.
- Stay at least six feet away from others.
- Prepare before you visit – state and local authorities will decide which facilities will be open. Check ahead of time to know if bathrooms will be available.
- Don’t use playgrounds.
- Don’t participate in organized activities or sports.
- Don’t visit crowded parks.
We will continue to keep our team members updated with any changes at ESG. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy inside and outside of work!
President of Environmental Solutions Group