All ESG locations are operating today.
May is mental health awareness month. With the continued focus on COVID-19 in addition to the normal stresses of life, I want to make sure ESG team members, customers, and community members remove the stigma of obtaining mental health support during times of need.
Magellan is the free EAP (employee assistance program) provider for ESG and Dover 800-327-6375 or https://magellanascend.com/Content/View/15445.
Here are some important facts from Magellan that you should know:
- Over 44 million American adults have a mental health condition
- 1 in 5 youth aged 13-18 experiences a severe mental disorder at some point during their life
- In 2016, there were more than twice as many suicides (44,965) in the United States as there were homicides (19,362)
- Just over half (50.6%) of children with a mental health condition aged 8-15 received mental health services in the previous year
- Seven myths about mental health https://www.magellanhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/0003_Seven-Mental-health-myths-facts.pdf
- Six FAQs about children’s mental health https://www.magellanhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/0026_Six-FAQs.pdf
- Remember: mental illness does not discriminate
Stay safe and healthy everyone!