All ESG locations are operating.
Today, we started receiving COVID-19 test results from team members who worked in close proximity to the two Heil team members with positive COVID-19 tests. Some of those tests have come back positive, but none of the individuals have displayed any COVID-19 symptoms thus far. All team members with positive tests are required to self-isolate for 14 days after the positive test and must remain symptom free with two consecutive negative tests prior to returning to work. The work areas for these team members have already been sanitized per our extensive COVID-19 protocols. All team members with negative tests return to work.
As always, COVID-19 testing is available at our onsite health clinics in a drive-up format (call the clinic from your vehicle 256-304-2109). Extra testing will be available at our Heil health clinic 9-4pm CDT Friday, June 12 and 8-12pm CDT Saturday, June 13. For those team members volunteering to be tested for COVID-19 with no symptoms, the individuals return to work. For those tested for COVID-19 with symptoms, the individuals will be sent home until the test result is obtained.
We are so glad we are able to offer COVID-19 testing through our onsite clinics, giving our team members peace of mind on their health and the health of their family members. We are also working to obtain COVID-19 antibody tests, which will give us even more capability to test team members for potential immunity to COVID-19.
Reminders regarding COVID-19:
According to the CDC, the COVID-19 virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within 6 feet)
- Prolonged (at least 15 mins) contact
Short-term exposures with an infected person carry a lower risk. Examples of similar short interactions:
- Bumping into or passing each other on a hallway
- Making coffee in general vicinity
- Walking with someone for a brief period
- Dropping off parts or a package for a short time
All team members should continue to practice preventive measures regardless of exposure:
- Practice social distancing and other personal prevention strategies (frequent hand-washing, cough etiquette and wear face covering)
- Self-monitor – be alert for symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing and other CDC-listed symptoms
- Do not report to work when feeling ill or undergoing testing for fever or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Patrick S. Carroll
President, Environmental Solutions Group