All ESG locations are operating.
About a week and a half ago, we had our first positive COVID-19 cases at Heil in Fort Payne. We tested all team members in close proximity of the positive tests
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve and positive COVID-19 cases increase within the United States, we are adapting best practices and protocols to ensure the safety of our team members while supporting our business operations.
Recently, we changed some of our COVID-19 protocols:
- When there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case with a team member, we are conducting a thorough contact tracing process to identify individuals who had close and prolonged contact with that team member. Only those impacted individuals (close and prolonged contact) will be sent home on self-isolation until the test results are received.
- Team members (and family members) will be tested for COVID-19 in our onsite health clinics (Vernon and Fort Payne) or at another testing location (if no onsite clinic) when symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are present and/or there has been primary exposure to someone testing positive for COVID-19.
- If a team member tests positive for COVID-19, the team member will be contacted to go through a detailed contact tracing questionnaire along with a symptom checker questionnaire. Regular check-ins will occur with the team member, and team members are encouraged to provide as much information as possible to help protect their family, friends, and co-workers from COVID-19.
- Team members testing positive for COVID-19 will be required to stay on home self-isolation for a 14 day period which starts on the day the team member was tested for COVID-19. In order to safely return to the workplace, the team member will need to have two consecutive negative COVID-19 retests at the end of the 14 day self-isolation period. The first retest will be administered on the 15th day from the team member’s original testing date. The second test will be administered on the 16th day from the team member’s original testing date. If both tests are negative for COVID-19, the team member will be cleared to return to work. In the event that one of the two retests comes back positive, the team member will continue daily testing until two consecutive negative test results are achieved.
- Instant COVID-19 tests are being obtained for our onsite health clinics in Vernon and Fort Payne and should be available this week. These instant tests will allow for faster peace of mind for team members and their family members.
- Absenteeism due to COVID-19 may require team members in our plants to move from one color zone to another. Leaders within those color zones will ensure team members safety by completing a symptom checker prior to the team member(s) being moved.
If team members have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please talk with your direct supervisor and/or site HR Business Partner. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Patrick S. Carroll
President, Environmental Solutions Group